... but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bad Influences

Lately I(Lindsey) have been thinking a lot about bad influences in my life. I’m trying to weed out any bad influences such as……

1. Music

2. Tv/movies

3. Unsaved friends

4. Environments

5. Literature

6. Etc..

I’m really thankful for my parents who guard me against these kinds of things that could cause me to sin or have unpleasant thoughts. Philippians 4-8 

I’m thankful that my parents choose to homeschool me and set good examples for me and my siblings to follow.

Last year my parents decided that the sports programs I was involved in at the local school were not a good environment and influence. They took me out of sports. I was really sad, since I had been participating in these sports since I was little. My former teammates wondered what was wrong. They asked me if I was being punished or if something had happened. It was really awkward seeing them around town. I had  to explain to them that my parents want me to have time for more important things and that they wanted me to grow up with good influences in my life. It was hard explaining these things to them without offending them. I remember a similar situation:

Me and Alyssa were swimming at our local pool, some of  our friends from sports were there. They noticed our modest swimsuits and asked us about it. I had to explain modesty to them, they didn’t know it existed. They were very polite about it. I told them that as a Christian I try to please the LORD in what I wear. They asked me if I thought they’re swimsuits were immodest. I didn’t really know what to say. I told them “I don’t want to offend you, but in my opinion they are.” I think that was a good opportunity for me to be a shining light and explain why I’m different. I pray that the LORD will help me to grow into a young woman that will honor him, with the guidance of my parents. : )

2 Peter 3-18

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Lindsey!! Keep shining your bright light for Jesus! :-)

    ReplyDelete