... but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Prayer in Danger

                         Psalm 57

1. Be merciful to me, O LORD

Until these woes be overpast;

Beneath thy wings that care afford

There’s refuge safe through all the blast.

2. To God supreme I make my cry;

He brings to pass all things for me.

He sends His help from heaven high,

And saves from dangers speedily.

3. As lions fierce that seek their prey,

With teeth as spears, and fire of hate,

My foes pursue my lonely way;

I lie to sleep at danger’s gate.

4. Be Thou exalted, God most high,

Above the heavens be thy praise;

Above the earth we glorify

Thy Name for all Thy wondrous ways.

5. The net prepared to catch my feet,

The pit they dug to bring my fall,

In both of them my foes will meet

The doom they planned for my downfall.

6. My heart is fixed, O God, on Thee;

My heart and voice a song shall raise,

And all the pow’rs that in me be

Shall rise up early and give praise.

7. Among the people I will show

Thy mercy great unto the skies,

And cause the nations all to know

Thy truths above the heavens rise.

8. Be Thou exalted, God most high,

Above the heavens be Thy praise;

Above the earth we glorify

Thy Name for all Thy wondrous ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment